Image ID: 00410
Ripon Teacher Training College was originally part of the York Diocesan College that consisted of two Anglican teacher training colleges, founded in York in 1841 (for men) and 1846 (for women). In 1862, the women's college relocated to Ripon. Over the next century, the colleges gradually diversified their education programmes. The colleges, St John's College and Ripon College, merged in 1974 and formed the University College of Ripon and York St John, however the Ripon Campus was closed in 2002. The building has since been turned into private apartments.
Courtesy of Unknown
Category: Educational, Education, Training College
Organisation Reference: A0815
Dedicate this image to yourself or someone special. Just click "Dedicate" and type a short message to begin.Dedicate